The Clinical Risk Management specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and operation of the AMC Clinical Risk Management program and strategy. The incumbent will create and modify policies to comply with safety legislation, healthcare accreditation council, Joint Commission International and industry standards and practices. The incumbent will develop and deliver hospital-wide programs for delivery of quality patient care and risk-free services. This position will serve as the liaison to the legal team and individuals on risk related issues. The Clinical Risk Management specialist will ensure risk management data integrity; analyses patient safety/risk data; implement risk management and patient safety educational programs; and investigate and manage significant adverse events that occur in the clinical setting and result in harm. The Clinical Risk Management specialist will facilitate provision of credible, effective and visible professional quality and leadership and will make a corporate contribution in achieving the implementation of the hospital’s and the QPSE Directorate’s mission, vision, and values, ensuring that excellent care, compassion, and a positive patient experience is at the heart of Abdali Medical Centre. Responsible to carry out the day to day responsibilities and activities related to risk management, event reporting, quality improvement, patient safety, document control, training and education and accreditations/certifications functions. The risk management specialist also coordinates and collaborate with the quality department staff to carry out other tasks related to quality departments functions that include but not limited to strategic planning, communication and surveillance activities The post has the following key elements:
- Foster an environment that supports the culture of safety, event reporting, risk surveillance and prevention /containment, quality and accreditation.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating the consistent readiness of all quality management and quality improvement processes
- Provide a systematic review, direction and evaluation of the effectiveness of the risk management and patient safety program within the hospital.
- Collaborate with other AMC departments to meet the intended goals and objectives of the risk management and patient safety Programs.
- Initiating and overseeing the development of comprehensive risk management and patient safety program
- Facilitate and provide recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the risk management and patient safety program and align it to the multi-disciplinary ethos of Abdali Medical Center.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following is essential: Quality management, Nursing, Pharmacy, Industrial engineering, Medical laboratory science, Hospital administration
- Masters qualification is an advantage in the following filed: Quality management, public health, hospital management
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is essential.
- Attaining one of the internationally recognized quality certificate is essential, such as, CPHRM,CHRM, CPHQ, CPPS, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB, ISO auditors. Etc.
- Previous experience with accreditation and risk management essential
- Evidence of continuous education and professional development
- Evidence of leading change management processes resulting in improved standards and quality levels.
- The appointee will demonstrate a record of achievement, a clear vision of the way forward, a highly motivated approach and effective interpersonal skills.
- The appointee will demonstrate competency in English language proficiency, computer literacy, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working and living in different cultures an advantage.